Find out best baby toys and game ideas for your babies. Babies like to play. Not only because of the game itself, but also because of the contact with the parent. Playing is a way for them to discover and understand the world around them. That is why you will often see that certain rhythms can be repeated endlessly. Until it is their own, and they look up a new pattern.
- If you want to play, take the time for this. Babies do a lot of feeling and have it immediately if you are in a hurry.
- Try to follow instead of directing / steering; offers something and see how your baby picks up that game.
- Every baby develops at its own pace, your neighbor’s child that is a month younger can do things that your own baby can not yet. Have patience. It will come naturally.
- Try to “read” your baby. Spoken language is barely present, but with his mimicry, arms and feet your baby can make quite clear.
- Provide a quiet environment so that your baby can have all the attention for the game, toys and you.
Recommended best baby toys for your kids
|Nuby Icybite Hard/Soft Teething Keys|
|Check the best price from amazon|
|Skills developed: Motor skills
Nuby Icybite Hard/Soft Teething Keys are well-designed for assisting in the eruption of the middle, front, and back teeth.
1. The teether is made perfect with the multi-surface teething.
Little hands can easily grip the teether that helps with coordination.
2. The BPA-free toy offers exercise for the little hands, teeth, and gums.
3. The Nuby teether has areas filled with pûrICE. The cool resilient surface is designed to soothe and stimulate sore gums safely. It can stay colder, longer than water filled teether!
|VTech Baby Talk and Go Farm Rattle|
|Check the best price from amazon|
|Skills developed: cognitive skills, sensory development
VTech Baby Talk and Go Farm Rattle is a perfect interactive toy that introduces animals and colors to the baby through a funny peek-a-boo game.
The motion sensor in the toy activates melodies and sound effects.
The flashing lights of the car seat toy attract baby’s attention and encourage interaction.
1. Three farm buttons play animal sounds and short tunes, while three dangling pieces introduce animal names as well as colors.
2. The baby can enjoy more than 40 sing-along songs, fun phrases, and melodies. The take-along fun toy has easy grab handle.
3. By flipping the three dangling animal pieces, the baby develops motor skills.
4. Auditory stimulation helps develop and stimulate the little one’s senses, discriminate sounds, fun sound effects, sing-along songs, relaxing or exciting voices.
|VTech Baby Happy Lights Bear Play|
|Check the best price from amazon|
|Skills developed: Auditory stimulation, cognitive skills
The Happy Lights Bear engages your little one and adds fun to the baby’s play time.
1. The safe and soft fabric are great for babies, and the electronic soothing toy promotes auditory stimulation for babies.
2. The toy offers more than 35 sing-along songs, sound effects, melodies, and fun phrases.
3. Chunky light up buttons flash along with the music. The toy introduces early emotions and 123’s.
4. It makes a great diaper bag toy, which can even be attached to a stroller or the crib.
Playing with senses
In the first three months, babies discover a lot with their senses. This is their link with the world around them. They discover what they see, hear, smell and feel. Tasting will follow later. As a newborn baby, vision is limited to 20 cm, the distance from chest to head of the mother. Toys with a high contrast; black / white with bright primary colors is therefore preferable. On the basis of the smell, babies recognize their parents, and they feel familiar.
The audience also develops, they will be frightened by loud unexpected sounds and a monotonous sound like a sea or vacuum cleaner can be very relaxing. Ideal if your baby is difficult to fall asleep. Feeling babies with their whole body. They like to be picked up and cuddled. On this contact is baby massage based. In the beginning, life will mainly focus on being fed and sleeping, if they go in the three months, they can build a relationship with people who see them a lot and respond to them.
10 Game ideas
Nice to know how a baby develops, but what can you actually do with a baby? Except cuddling them or leaving them in the box?
- Water fun ; babies find it very nice to lie in the water. From three months they can go baby swimming. For this they often find it nice to go along in the shower or in the bath. It reminds them of the time they spent in the womb. Before you take a bath, it is best to preheat the bathroom and bedroom and prepare everything. This is how your baby catches the cold the least quickly.
- Gossip ; your baby likes it when you try to contact him. They will soon try to flip your face. If you sit down with your legs in 90 degrees on the floor, and put your baby on your legs, you can build up a good eye contact. Try different pitches to see what your baby responds to. Or imitate his cries and sounds. Or do a crazy pelvic contest, draw different grimaces that your baby will then flip.
- Mobile ; everything that moves is interesting. Especially lights and sound. Try to limit this so that your baby does not get too many stimuli. There are special music mobiles with short cheerful day music and some slower longer night songs. Often based on classical music. Also with built-in light projector.
- Baby massage ; If you put the baby in bed on a towel, and you sit down in a cross-legged pose, you can massage it easily (on the changing table also works). Carefully pass his body parts and massage it one by one, quietly with one or a few fingers. When your baby gets older you can exercise a little more pressure. Now it is mainly about touching. Consider, for example, a kind of circular movement on his stomach, or caressing the feet and ‘popping’ the fingers. There are special Shantala baby massage courses that bring you the first tricks in three mornings.
- Tummy time ; nothing but time spent on the belly. Good to exercise the muscles in the neck and to prevent a preferred posture. For example, place your baby on a table and sit at eye level. Try to make contact with your baby so that he will lift his head to see you. This does not have to be ten minutes, but it builds up, for example, ten times a day for a minute.
- Mirror ; babies like to look in a mirror. For example, hold him in front of the mirror in the bedroom. Or buy a child-proof mirror at Ikea that you can hang in the box.
- Playing independently ; babies can do more than you think. Encourage your baby to spend time in the box yourself. If only with looking around and listening. This will save you a lot of energy later on.
- Jitter games ; Who knows the rhyme “Is a mouse running, so in … neck crawled” is not it? If you repeat this a number of times, most babies will break out of laughter.
- Sound and music ; music and sounds, which they have already heard in the womb, like the tune of your favorite TV program, they will calmly tune. Or how about ocean sounds; that mimic the sounds of the uterus. Youtube is full of it.
- Wear ; previously I wrote that I am a long carrier. From the moment they are babies I love to carry them so close to me when we go out. And on restless days indoors. Cozy close together.
In short, also for very young babies it is possible to build a bond with your baby through play. Try to build this in a safe and secure way. Many of the games are based on hearing, seeing, feeling and smelling the senses. That which is repeated will quickly feel as familiar and thus be recognized.
We would like to hear your stories what are the favorite games and best toys for your kids ?